Licensed Massage Therapist in 12 Months: Become One Now!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifyingn purchases.
Are you interested in a career in massage therapy? Have you ever considered becoming a licensed massage therapist (LMT)? If so, you’re in luck! The Texas Massage Academy offers a 12-month program that can prepare you for a fulfilling career in massage therapy. In this article, we’ll explore what it takes to become an LMT in Texas and how the Texas Massage Academy can help you achieve your goals.
What is a Licensed Massage Therapist?
A licensed massage therapist is a healthcare professional who uses touch to manipulate the muscles and soft tissues of the body. LMTs use techniques such as Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, and reflexology to help clients manage pain, reduce stress, and improve overall wellness. LMTs may work in various settings, including spas, clinics, hospitals, and private practices.
How to Become a Texas Licensed Massage Therapist and What to Expect in a Massage Therapy Education Program(Opens in a new browser tab)
What Does it Take to Become an LMT in Texas?
To become an LMT in Texas, you must complete a state-approved massage therapy program and pass the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) or Texas Massage Therapy Exam. In Texas, massage therapy programs must include at least 500 hours of instruction in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathology, massage theory and practice, hygiene, and business practices. Once you have completed a massage therapy program, you must pass the MBLEx, administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) or the new Texas Massage Therapy Exam.
Preparing for the MBLEx Exam: A Guide to Quality Resources(Opens in a new browser tab)
Why Choose the Texas Massage Academy?
The Texas Massage Academy is a state-approved massage therapy program that can prepare you for the MBLEx and a successful career in massage therapy. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose the Texas Massage Academy:
- Experienced Instructors – The Texas Massage Academy employs experienced instructors passionate about teaching massage therapy. Our instructors have years of experience in the industry and can provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- Hands-on Training – At the Texas Massage Academy, you’ll receive hands-on training in various massage techniques. Our program includes plenty of practice time, so you’ll feel confident and competent when taking the MBLEx or Texas Exam.
- Hybrid Program – We understand that many of our students have busy lives outside school. That’s why we offer a hybrid that can accommodate your needs.
- Affordable Tuition – We believe that everyone should have access to quality education. That’s why we offer affordable tuition rates that won’t break the bank. We also offer payment plans.
What Will You Learn at the Texas Massage Academy?
The Texas Massage Academy’s massage therapy program covers a variety of topics, including:
- Anatomy and Physiology – You’ll learn about the structure and function of the human body, including the musculoskeletal, nervous, circulatory, and respiratory systems.
- Massage Theory and Practice – You’ll learn various techniques, including Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, and trigger point therapy.
- Business Practices – You’ll learn how to manage a massage therapy business, including marketing, scheduling, and record keeping.
- Ethics and Professionalism – You’ll learn about the ethical and professional standards of the massage therapy industry.
- Pathology – You’ll learn about common pathologies that affect the human body, including musculoskeletal injuries, neurological disorders, and autoimmune diseases.
How Long is the Program?
The Texas Massage Academy’s massage therapy program is designed to be completed in 12 months. You’ll receive 500 hours of instruction in massage therapy theory and practice, anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, pathology, hygiene, and business practices during this time. You’ll also receive hands-on training in various massage techniques, allowing you to gain the practical experience you need to succeed in your career.
The program is divided into three semesters, each focusing on a specific aspect of massage therapy. In the first semester, you’ll learn about anatomy and physiology, massage theory and practice, and hygiene. During the second semester, you’ll focus on your internship, where you will work with real clients in our on-site massage clinic. In the third semester, you’ll learn about kinesiology, pathology, ethics, professionalism, and business practices, including marketing, scheduling, and record keeping.
How to Apply to the Texas Massage Academy
To apply to the Texas Massage Academy, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid government-issued photo ID
Once you’ve met these requirements, you can submit an application to the Texas Massage Academy. The application process is simple and straightforward, and our admissions team is available to answer any questions you may have.
You can’t make money as an LMT!(Opens in a new browser tab)
If you’re interested in a career in massage therapy, the Texas Massage Academy’s 12-month program can prepare you for success. Our experienced instructors, hands-on training, flexible schedule, job placement assistance, and affordable tuition make us the ideal choice for anyone looking to become a licensed massage therapist in Texas. With our comprehensive program and real-world experience, you’ll be prepared to pass the MBLEx or Texas Exam and confidently start your new career. Don’t wait – apply to Texas Massage Academy today and become a licensed massage therapist in just 12 months!